Vehicle Buyer Information, Fresh York State Auto Marketplace
Fresh York State Office of General Services
Welcome to the Fresh York State Vehicle Marketplace. It’s where authorized users can purchase cars (Class 1-2) and trucks (Class 3-8) from a multiplicity of vehicle dealers on contract (under awards twenty two thousand eight hundred ninety eight and 22904) by having OGS post their vehicle needs (a mini-bid) for vehicle dealers on contract to react to. This means there are more types of vehicles and manufacturers available on contract to rival for your business resulting in competitive pricing.
Don’t know exactly what you want? That’s okay. We have a few recommendations for you:
- If it’s a truck (Class 3-8), you can post a request for comment (RFC) instead. When you accomplish Form A, just indicate on the form that it’s an RFC.
- For cars and trucks, don’t be afraid to review the mini-bid results page to see what others have posted and review their mini-bid.
How to Buy Vehicles
Buying your vehicle is effortless by following these steps. For questions, contact [email protected]
- Identify your vehicle needs and develop specifications for your request. The request may be for either specific vehicles or for any vehicles that meet the specifications provided. Not sure where to embark? Review existing mini-bid results to find past specifications.
- Obtain all necessary internal approvals. If you are not already an authorized user for OGS centralized contracts, accomplish the eligibility application to receive your authorized user number.
- Next prepare your mini-bid by determining if your vehicle request is for a car (Class 1-2) or truck (Class 3-8). If your request is for a Class 3-8 vehicle, determine if you would like OGS to post your request as a request for comment (RFC) prior to issuing a mini-bid so that you can recieve comments and suggestions from contractors regarding your request.
- Cars (Class 1-2) are light-duty vehicles used primarily to transport passengers and cargo (cars, vans, SUVs, pickup trucks), with a gross vehicle weight rating less than or equal to Ten,000 pounds.
- Trucks (Class 3-8) are chassis, bods, or accomplish vehicles that have a gross vehicle weight rating of greater than Ten,000 pounds (also known as medium-heavy duty vehicles).
- For more information, see the types of vehicles by class weight chart.
- Finish Form A for your request and submit it to [email protected]
- Use this form for cars (Class 1-2): Form A (Class 1-2): Mini-Bid Request (xlsx)
- Use this form for trucks (Class 3-8): Form A (Class 3-8): Mini-Bid Request (xlsx)
- We will post your request on our website. For mini-bids, we will collect responses for you. If it is a request for comment (RFC), contractor responses will be sent directly to the identified contacts from Form A.
- After the closing date, we will email you all mini-bid responses we have received. Evaluate the responses and determine if you are going to award the mini-bid or not.
- Communicate your decision to all the dealers on contract who responded using the templates provided.
- For cars (Class 1-2): tentative award, non-award, and award not made (docx)
- For trucks (Class 3-8): tentative award, non-award, and award not made (docx)
- Submit your report of contract use by completing Form C and submitting it to [email protected]
- Form C (Class 1-2): Report of Use (xlsx)
- Form C (Class 3-8): Report of Use (xlsx)
The following vehicles and equipment can’t be purchased through the Vehicle Marketplace.
Strenuous Construction Equipment: Equipment which is intened for strong work including earthmoving, construction, lifting containers or materials, drilling slots in earth or rock, concrete or paving application or street sweeping (aerial lifts, large towable air compressors, generators, light towers, concrete saws, earth compactors, rollers, backhoes, motor graders, skid-steer loaders, bulldozers, wheel loaders, trenchers, utility tractors, excavators, forklifts, and sweepers), as well as other releated attachments and equipment. If you are interested in intense construction equipment use Award 22792.
School Bus: Every motor vehicle possessed, leased or contracted for by a school and operated for the transportation of pupils under the age of twenty one years, children of pupils, teachers and other persons acting in the supervisory capacity, to or from school or school activities. If you are interested in school buses use Award twenty two thousand eighty one or Award 22311.
Transit Bus: A rubber-tired automotive vehicled used for the provision of public transportation service. If you are interested in transit buses use Award 22945.